At Mainland Construction Materials, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) stewardship is a core value, fundamental to the way we do business and an essential component of our business strategy. Our goal is to minimize impacts to the environment and to protect our employees, subcontractors, clients, communities and others who could be affected by our activities. To accomplish this, we are committed to:
- Promotion of good health;
- Prevention of injuries and ill health;
- Efficient use of energy and resources;
- Minimization of waste and pollution prevention;
- Effective employee engagement in our HSE programs;
- Compliance with legal and other requirements, including applicable HSE laws, regulations and company(s) procedures and practices;
- Providing customers with safe, cost-effective and environmentally sound project delivery cycle; and
- Continual improvement of our HSE management, performance and culture.
To achieve these commitments, we have developed and implemented a comprehensive HSE management system. We hold all Mainland Construction Materials leaders responsible and accountable for providing the financial, human, and organizational resources necessary to ensure its effective implementation and maintenance. Furthermore, our commitment to HSE excellence is demonstrated by:
- Integrating HSE into our business systems and processes;
- Defining roles and responsibilities for personnel throughout the organization;
- Promoting a proactive culture and healthy lifestyle;
- Identifying risks arising from all phases of our activities and reducing those risks to the lowest practical levels; and
- Establishing ambitious goals, monitoring our performance, adopting best practices, and taking action to continually improve.