TRUCK/MARINE LOGISITCS COORDINATOR
The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver. We are currently looking for a Full-Time Truck/Marine Logistics Coordinator to work in our Langley head-office location.
Why work for Mainland?
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous vacation package
- Outstanding RRSP program
- An excellent record of safety and environmental performance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Company longevity
This is an ideal role for someone who has strong admin skills, is full of initiative and is comfortable with phone based customer service. The primary objectives of the role include being a point of contact for customers as well as meeting the truck/marine logistical needs of the company.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-5 years dispatching/aggregate testing experience.
- Diploma or Degree in a related discipline is considered an asset.
- Computer Skills – Excel, Word, JWS, Catavolt etc.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
The main duties and responsibilities of the Dispatcher shall include (but not be limited to) the following key activities:
- Ensure that all of the activities under the responsibility of the Dispatcher are completed, in all cases, safely and with full consideration for the health and safety of the Company’s employees, supplier, customer and community stakeholders.
- Ensure that all of the activities under the responsibility of the Dispatcher are carried out in compliance with the appropriate regulation and/or permits.
- Work with the Sales Manager and Sales team to ensure the Company’s logistical needs are met.
- Work with the Company’s transportation providers to ensure the Company’s logistical needs are being met.
- Take direction from Sales Manager/ Sales Team in regard to meeting external customer’s material and logistical requirements.
Daily tasks and activities will include:
- Organize/meet the daily transportation needs of the company
- Convert incoming phone/email/text orders in an organized dispatch schedule
- Answer the dispatch line and take orders
- Source Third Party Truck/Marine Transportation
- Utilize the Company’s software in order to create/maintain a daily dispatch schedule
- Build and maintain a relationship with truck/marine delivery providers as well as customers
- Ensure that the Company’s dispatching is performed efficiently and effectively. Efficient dispatch refers to the minimizing the overall cost for transportation and equipment while maintaining quality and safety. Effective dispatch refers to meeting the needs of customers (internal/external) as well as community stakeholders.
- Build working relationships built on fairness, trust and integrity with all stakeholders who are involved.
- Complete Administrative tasks on time when required/requested
- Ensure the Company’s third party haulers comply with the Company’s safety and conduct policies. Communicate any infractions appropriately.
- Acquire and maintain a solid understanding of the materials and services that the Company offers (Aggregate/Asphalt/Fill Site) and the appropriate applications for their use.
- Clear and timely communication is vital. Internal communication is to; superiors and peers. External communication is to appropriate individuals, who are not company employees.
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com