SKID STEER OPERATOR
We are currently looking for skilled Operators for both asphalt and concrete projects within our Winvan division. This is a unionized position with access to great union pay rates and benefits.
Why work for Winvan Paving?
• Company longevity
• Commitment to health and safety
• Hands-on technical experience,
• Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
• Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
• Referral bonus
• Weekly pay
• In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
Our operators work as part of a team and perform various duties on different projects in the community.
• Ability to operate a skid steer with attachments including sweeper and milling head
• Ability to operate various pieces of equipment an asset
• Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated;
• Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment Checklist;
• Communicate with Foreman as to the daily job specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
• Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist;
• Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the equipment close range;
• Ability to follow directions;
• Ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have at least 2 years’ experience;
• Class 1 (Air & Trailer), OR 3 (Air), OR 5 with an endorsement 2
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
• Report to work at the designated start time;
• Be able to work long hours when required;
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook;
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
• Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, trailer endorsement is preferred;
• High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience (preferred); and
• Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.
If you are serious about safety, enjoy a team atmosphere and take pride in your work and the people you work for, then send us your application and we will be happy to meet with you.
Please note that due to travel between worksites, this position requires a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Submit your Resume
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org