We are a growing Construction materials and services company based in Langley, BC that offers its employees development opportunities, great benefits and a very competitive compensation package.
The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver.
This position works hand in hand with the laborer position to complete jobs. While the position primarily consists of operating heavy machinery, there are also laborer job functions that need to be completed as necessary. The successful candidate will have a class 1 or 3 license (preferred) or a Class 5 with an endorsement 20
Role and Responsibilities
- Ability to operate a skid steer with attachments including sweeper and milling head
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment an asset
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated;
- Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment Checklist;
- Communicate with Foreman as to the daily job specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist;
- Keep equipment clean. Wiping down equipment not only promotes positive public image, but enables the operator to inspect the equipment close range;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Class 1 or 3 license is preferred, or a Class 5 with an endorsement 20
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience;
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
- Report to work at the designated start time;
- Be able to work long hours when required;
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook;
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, trailer endorsement is preferred;
- High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience (preferred); and
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, although only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Submit your Resume
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org