If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team!
We are a growing Construction materials and services company based in Langley, BC that offers its employees development opportunities, great benefits and a very competitive compensation package.
The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous vacation package
- Outstanding RRSP program
- An excellent record of safety and environmental performance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Company stability and longevity
You’ll join a team of more than 270 dynamic professionals who bring drive, passion and a genuine sense of pride to their work. We also actively encourage and empower all our team members to seek, share and implement new ideas for creating value.
So if you are detail oriented, thrive on building relationships and enjoy a fast paced, varied and fun work environment, then this is the role for you!
The Position: We’re looking for a Senior Accounts Receivable (AR) Coordinator.
As a member of the Accounting Team, the Senior AR Coordinator contributes in a hands-on way to accurately performing a comprehensive range of AR duties on a timely basis. As an external-facing representative of the Company, they promote the Company’s best interests at all times in a respectful and courteous manner whilst remaining focused on customer account collection goals.
The Senior AR Coordinator is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the Company’s AR processes and managing customer account risk exposure in accordance with established policies and procedures, including timely and periodic reporting to management with account updates and action recommendations.
- 5-7 years of experience in accounts receivable in a prior construction company is preferred
- Familiarity and knowledge with B.C.’s Builder’s Lien Act is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organization levels, including senior management
- Familiarity with effective accounts receivables collection techniques
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Excellent communication and professional personal presentation skills
- Organizing; planning, and strong customer service orientation
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance
- Able to maintain confidentiality and a high level of professionalism
- Able to work independently and show initiative
- Ability to multi-task and work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for computer skills including email, Internet, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) as well as in house software systems
- Possess solid data-entry, organization, and verbal/written communication skills
- Good decision making skills with a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist with other duties as required.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Ensure completeness of new trade credit applications including trade references
- Maintain up-to-date customer master files
- Systematically contact customers to collect payment on current and past due accounts
- Continuously pursue improvements in the ‘days sales outstanding’ performance metric
- Process all forms of customer payments; including credit card, cheques, and EFTs
- Ensure all cash collections are properly applied to outstanding invoices/credits
- Respond to inquiries from customers, and research/resolve outstanding issues
- Ensure that progress invoices and compliance documents are submitted accurately and timely
- Work with the sales, estimating/project management groups to resolve revised billings and necessary adjustments to progress invoices; respond to customer account queries as required
- Monitor account holdback balances and liaise with estimators/project managers to determine when individual project’s substantial completion has been reached
- Ensure credit memos are properly approved with supporting documentation
- Monitor and activate credit holds in Account Receivable, as required
- Prepare, review and analyze periodic AR aging reports
- Identify delinquent customer accounts and pursue external collection efforts, including initiating small claims court applications
- Work within company guidelines and report to Controller on outstanding issues
- Respond to inquiries from sales and estimating/project manager teams
- Perform routine AR housekeeping duties
- Process customer tax exempt certificate requests, as applicable
- Interact with people at all levels in the Company and use a variety of computer applications e.g. Point of Sales systems, Viewpoint, OnBase, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform month end closing that specifically relate to A/R and assist with month end processes, including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Preform all other duties as assigned by Financial Controller
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com