If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team!
We are a growing Construction materials and services company that offers its employees development opportunities, great benefits and a very competitive compensation package.
The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous vacation package
- Outstanding RRSP program
- An excellent record of safety and environmental performance
- Tuition reimbursement program
You’ll join a team of more than 200 dynamic professionals who bring drive, passion and a genuine sense of pride to their work. We also actively encourage and empower all our team members to seek, share and implement new ideas for creating value.
So if you are detail oriented, thrive on building relationships and enjoy a fast paced, varied and fun work environment, then this is the role for you!
The Position: We’re looking for an Estimator/ Project Manager. This is a key position in the day-to-day operations of the paving department. The Project Manager/Estimator has the overall responsibility for coordination and planning of paving jobs, along with cost preparing job cost for jobs to be bid. The successful candidate will be responsible for crews having the materials and purchasing those materials, the correct tools and equipment, the correct information, managing the job sites, and enough man power to get the work done on time and within budget. This position is also responsible for scheduling, coordination subcontractors, quantity take offs, and invoicing.
- Associate Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or a High School Graduate with equivalent experience.
- Basic computer skills, Plan Reading, Scheduling, Estimating, Negotiating and Management.
- Five years in Paving related activities; two years in supervisory position, Five years of estimating experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a high pressure, multi-tasking environment, drive projects forward and meet or exceed goals.
- Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with management, team members, vendors and internal and external customers
- Ability to travel as needed
- Manages projects n in the most efficient and effective manner;
- Prepares project schedules;
- Orders materials as needed;
- Coordinates with subcontractors;
- Supports Project Superintendents;
- Decides along with the Supervisor, what projects to pursue;
- Manages projects, costs, communications, customer satisfaction; institutes changes and corrections as needed
- Assists Manager in his duties;
- Serves as a role model, reinforcing the customer focus, values and expectations through personal commitment and involvement;
- Provides an environment for employees to provide input and make decisions on the Job;
- Supports Company’s commitment to enrich the communities in which we work and live;
- Assists the VP of Paving by obtaining information and preparing job cost for jobs to be bid by
- Visits job sites to provide assistance to foreman;
- Visits job sites of unsuccessful bid to view methods and procedures of other companies;
- Participates in strategic planning retreats;
- Seeks feedback and input from paving, grading and concrete divisions to improve
- bidding methods;
- Attends Business Development Meetings; and
- Participates in strategic planning retreats.
Located just east of Vancouver, Langley is an urban, business and cultural hub. If you’re into recreation and culture, this is your place! There’s loads of golfing, hiking, mountain biking, and wine tasting…all within a stone’s throw of the city!
We thank all applicants for their interest, although only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com