We are currently looking an experienced Milling Foreman to join our Milling Crew!
Why work for Winvan Paving?
• Company longevity
• Commitment to health and safety
• Hands-on technical experience,
• Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
• Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
• Referral bonus
• Weekly pay
• In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
• Promote, lead and execute a Safety-First culture for all employees, sub-contractors and consultants in compliance with Winvan’s Environmental Health and Safety Program and provincial occupational health and safety legislation
• Coach, mentor and monitor performance of all site hourly employees
• Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment
• Address unacceptable behaviors directly, professionally and immediately to protect worker safety. Report unacceptable behaviour to the Superintendent/HS&E Coordinator without delay
• Promote crew morale, a team environment, quality and productivity of crew operations.
• Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
• Recommending measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
• Wears appropriate personnel protective equipment and uses necessary safety devises. Have at job sites required personal tools and/or personnel protective equipment in good order
• Maintains job sites, vehicles and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
• Manage and schedule hired disposal trucks
• Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor
• Perform a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools
• Maintain a clean job site; pick up tools and equipment in order to eliminate potential hazards
• Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies
• Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in proper and safe working order
• Responsible for notifying supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired
• Perform any other general duties as specified
• Ability to communicate effectively
• 5 years milling experience
• Code 20 Trailer endorsement or equivalent license.
• Thorough understanding of the construction industry including the knowledge to read and understand construction drawings.
• Have proficient knowledge of road and underground utility construction techniques
• Have the ability to think the project from start to finish
• Have a proficient knowledge of construction materials and supplies
• Have proficient knowledge of engineering standards and specifications
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
• Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary;
• Be able to work overtime when required;
• Maintain current driver’s license that meets requirements;
• Have a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards;
• Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
• Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
• Ability to keep time and material records.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to communicate effectively
If you are serious about safety, enjoy a team atmosphere and take pride in your work and the people you work for, then send us your application and we will be happy to meet with you.
Please note that due to travel between worksites, this position requires a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Submit your Resume
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org