The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver. We are currently looking for an Industrial Electrician to work in our Quarries in Abbotsford, BC.
Why work for Mainland?
- Hands-on technical experience,
- Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
- Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
- Referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
This is a great opportunity for a professional and skilled journeyman or an up-and-coming apprentice with heavy duty industrial experience.
Safety is the Core Value at Mainland and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities. The qualified candidate will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting and repairing plant electrical equipment such as conveyors, motors and pumps.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications, national and local electrical codes;
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring;
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit;
- Pulls wiring through conduit;
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps;
- Other miscellaneous duties include but not limited to; general labor, shoveling, performing necessary equipment maintenance, assisting foreperson and/or crew members as needed;
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment;
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit breaker panels;
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as motors, and installs grounding leads;
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement;
- Complete command of the automated control system, including data entry and the ability to interpret data on screen;
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems;
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times;
- Adapt well to changing deadlines and priorities;
- Responds to requests for service in a timely manner;
- Assist in developing and/or updating preventative maintenance procedures;
- Work with minimal supervision while making constructive suggestions and sound decisions;
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary; and
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
Education, Skills and Requirements
- Provincial electrician license or equivalent degree from college, technical school or enrolled in an approved apprentice program;
- Must have experience in AC and DC motor control centers, PLC and 480 or 600 3-phase voltages;
- Knowledge in Plant EQ and associated electrical equipment;
- Must be able to read and follow blueprint, wiring diagrams and schematic drawings;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence;
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals;
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables;
- Basic computer skill needed including the ability to use and understand Microsoft windows and office suite;
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Excellent communication skills and professional personal presentation;
- Organizing; planning, and customer service orientation;
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance; and
- Knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest, although only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com