Winvan Paving is currently looking for an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic to work out of the Winvan shop in New Westminster BC. This is a FT, unionized position as part of a close-knit team, in a growing company.
We can offer you:
- Hands-on technical experience,
- Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
- Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
- Referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
Working in a safety-oriented team environment, the HD Mechanic is responsible for heavy duty diesel engine, manual transmission, electronic engine controls, general electrical and hydraulic systems troubleshooting and repair. This is a multi-functional position, incorporating the performance of mechanic duties on various pieces of machinery and operating equipment.
Day to day activities include:
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment)
- Welds broken parts and structural members
- Perform record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
If you are serious about safety, enjoy team work, are a good communicator and have at least 2 years of experience in diesel truck and heavy equipment with computer diagnostic ability, then apply now!
Submit your Resume
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org