Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator
If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference, join our team!
The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous vacation package
- Outstanding RRSP program
- An excellent record of safety and environmental performance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Company stability and longevity
You’ll join a team of more than 260 dynamic professionals who bring drive, passion and a genuine sense of pride to their work. We also actively encourage and empower all our team members to seek, share and implement new ideas for creating value.
Mainland Construction Materials is currently looking for a Health-Safety & Environmental Coordinator to join its MSG division, based out of Cox Quarry. This is an ideal entry level opportunity for someone with a H&S focus who is interested in gaining hands-on experience and taking the next step into construction or aggregates.
The successful candidate’s primary focus will be on ensuring the company’s continued commitment to health, safety and environmental excellence.
- Working towards Degree, Diploma or designation (Eg, AscT, CRSP, CRST) in related field; or have recently completed education in this field.
- Field experience working near heavy equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of people, leading group discussions and meetings
- Care and use of sampling equipment & testing equipment.
- Ability to communicate complex information at a general level
- Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Uncompromising attitude toward safety
- Valid BC Driver’s License (must provide drivers abstract)
- Fluent with MS Office – Excel, Power point and Word
- Maintain points of contact. Be available to front line workers
- Maintain confidential records
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for the ongoing delivery and evolution of confined space, lockout, orientation and other in-house safety programs.
- Organize annual testing (fit tests, hearing tests, lung function tests, etc.)
- Implement Safety & Environmental policies, procedures in compliance with local, provincial, and federal rules and regulations.
- Plan and implement programs to train employees in work site safety and environmental practices
- Regularly inspect facilities to detect existing or potential accident, environmental, safety and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Ensure that proper PPE and equipment is purchased and maintained to the manufacturer’s standard.
- Conduct and document the investigation of accidents and injuries and ensure the information is shared with all locations
- Attend & provide information for weekly safety meeting
- Facilitate Joint Occupational Health & Safety Meetings and monthly inspections
- Organize, and re-format Safe Work Practices and Safe Job Procedures into the appropriate format and location for the Quarries.
- Maintain an up-to-date and compliant Health & Safety Manual and Emergency Response Plan for each site.
- Recording and filing safety and training logs including PSI’s, permits.
- Obtain personal air samples and noise dosimeter samples from employees for testing
- Manage sample database
- Identify areas of concern, research engineering solutions.
- Stay at Work / Return to Work Coordinator:
- Work with injured employees and supervisors to modify or create appropriate temporary duties
- Manage employee check-ins, and modifications to duties as conditions change.
- Administration of workers’ compensation program to reduce employee lost time and follow-up of the Return to Work Program.
- Assist with the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, and conservation.
- Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility
- Participate with the Corporate Sustainability Team and assist in compiling the annual sustainability reports.
- Ongoing monitoring & reporting for erosion, sediment control and Permitted in-water works
- Review and follow up for restoration / environmental projects.
- Apply for Municipal, and Provincial Permits (Development, Water Act, etc).
- Equipment maintenance
- Care for dust control equipment (portable air filters), portable AC units
- Calibrate & Maintain; 4 gas analyzer, turbidity meter, noise dosimeters
- Inventory spill response and safety supplies, maintain / rotate stock.
- Data entry, form building, presentation creation.
**Please note that a reliable vehicle will be required for this role as no public transport as available to the Quarry site.
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com