We are currently looking for an experienced Grader Operator to join our team at Winvan Paving.
This is a highly skilled position responsible for the grading of subbase or base gravels to required tolerances in road or parking lot applications. The work must be performed in an efficient timely manner. This position reports directly to the Grading Foreman.
While the position primarily consists of operating the grader, the Operator will also be called upon to operate other equipment ie. Dozer and skid steer and assist the grade crew as needed.
Safety is fundamental at Mainland and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities. This is a unionized position with a competitive pay rate and access to union training and benefits.
Why work for Mainland?
- Company longevity
- Commitment to health and safety
- Hands-on technical experience,
- Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
- Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
- Referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
- Must have at least 1 years’ experience with asphalt paving equipment
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
- Report to work at the designated start time;
- Be able to work long hours when required;
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold;
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook;
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, trailer endorsement is preferred;
- High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience (preferred); and
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.
Day to day activities include:
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to utilize a grader with attention to detail and emphasis on craftsmanship
- May be required to use power/and or hand tools needed to complete the jobs within specifications
- Ability to withstand common vibratory motion associated with operation of most equipment and occasionally rough terrain
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the paving industry including preparatory work, grades, drainage, paving patterns, aggregate size, job specifications, oil consistencies, compaction and other details related to asphalt paving
- Maintain the efficient working condition of the equipment and perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the Foreman
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site
- Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated
- Be familiar with the equipment and Daily Equipment Checklist
- Communicate with Foreman as to the daily job specifications
- Perform daily pre-start up procedures; i.e. note the service due date, check fluid levels and make sure the equipment to be used is in good running order, complete Daily Equipment Checklist;
- Keep equipment clean.
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume to: HR@mainlandcm.com
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com