We are currently looking for a skilled Grader Operator for our asphalt grading division.
The Position: Working under the direction of the Foreman the Operator will perform the daily field activities of Winvan to achieve cost, schedule, quality, environmental compliance, tidiness and employee safety goals as set by the Superintendent and the Company.
You will be the Company’s ambassador to the general public, customers, testing agencies, government agencies, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- -Follow all Safe Job Procedures and Safe Work Practices.
- -An ongoing awareness of environmental, safety, quality and traffic concerns
- -Production goals consistent with, or better than, production goals expected by the Foreman.
- -Follow work plan projected by the foreman.
- -Ability to operate various pieces of equipment an asset
- -Be familiar with and incorporate information derived from the manuals for the individual equipment being operated;
- -If operating any equipment/trucks/vehicles, perform the following:
- Daily pre-trip inspections;
- Minor maintenance (such as fuel, oil and grease); and
- Properly park, shut off engine and secure equipment/trucks/vehicles when not being operated.
- Communicate with Foreman as to the daily job specifications; operate the equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- -Ability to follow directions;
- -Work collaboratively with crew to successfully complete work plan.
- -Cooperate with and work alongside, assist, other Winvan crews and operations to expedite jobs.
- -Attend and participate in meetings including, but not limited to, site orientations, weekly tailgate talks, operations team meetings, pre-construction meetings, weekly site -meetings, final inspections, Health and Safety Committee activities and corporate planning sessions.
- -Ensure proper maintenance and security of facilities, equipment, tools and finished work.
- -Perform other duties as assigned.
- -Knowledge of the materials the crew will be using, most importantly from a quality management and health and safety perspective. These products include, but are not limited to, asphalt pavement, gravels, various pipe, precast concrete structures, castings, grout, geo textiles, expansion joint materials, form oil, curing compound, acids and ready mix concrete.
- -Basic understanding of the properties of asphalt, concrete and gravels.
- -Comprehensive knowledge of the equipment being operated and correct methods of operating the equipment to yield quality workmanship and compliance with specifications.
- -Working knowledge of line and grade i.e. drawings, cut sheets, string lines, etc.
- -Working knowledge of grade construction.
- -Awareness of the negative environmental impacts that concrete and other materials can have.
- -Awareness of the information suppliers require, i.e.: specifications, load size, load spacing, order, order confirmation.
- -Working knowledge of engineered drawings, cut sheets, job specifications and special provisions.
- -Topcon GPS knowledge will be considered an asset
- -Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a civil construction environment
- -Red Seal Certified Heavy Equipment Operator or Asphalt Pavement Laydown Technician
- -Ability to read and understand engineer/architectural drawings, cut sheets and specifications and be able to perform take-offs for interpretation, quantities, construction methodology and scheduling.
- -Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
- -Report to work at the designated start time;
- -Be able to work long hours when required;
- -Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook;
- -Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
- -Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, trailer endorsement is preferred;
- -High school graduate, G.E.D., or equivalent studies/experience (preferred); and
- -Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.
Please apply with your resume to email@example.com
Submit your Resume
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org