Mainland Construction Materials is currently hiring for a Grading Foreman to join its Winvan Paving division. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is an experienced Grader/construction employee and wants to develop his/her supervisory skills.
The Position: This is a skilled position requiring the incumbent to supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in operating grading machinery and performing constructions tasks. This position will report directly to the Project Superintendent.
The incumbent is the Company’s ambassador to the general public, the owner, our customer, testing agencies, government agencies, sub-contractors and suppliers. As a site employee of the Company the Foreman is expected to act and behave responsibly and professionally, to safely execute the work in an expeditious and efficient manner and to ensure that all work completed meets with the customer’s expectation of quality workmanship, safety, quality, environmental mindfulness and site tidiness.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry including the knowledge to read and understand construction drawings.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills and attributes.
- Report to work at the designated start time;
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary;
- Be able to work overtime when required;
- Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements;
- Have a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards;
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
- Previous related experience in construction field is preferred
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Ensuring the safety of crew members and the public who may interact with job;
- Training and mentoring new crew members;
- Supervising and coordinating crew activities, studying production schedules, and estimating work requirements for completion of job assignment
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing;
- Recommending measures to improve productions methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance;
- Directly supervising grading team employees;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Properly follow all company policies and WorkSafe regulations for safe working procedures and environment;
- Wears appropriate personnel protective equipment and uses necessary safety devises. Have at job sites required personal tools and/or personnel protective equipment in good order;
- Maintains job sites, vehicles and equipment in a neat and orderly manner;
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor;
- Perform a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools;
- Maintain a clean job site; pick up tools and equipment in order to eliminate potential hazards;
- Perform daily pre–and–post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies;
- Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in proper and safe working order;
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if equipment needs to be repaired;
- Perform any other general duties as specified
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com