Mainland Construction Materials is currently hiring for an Equipment/Shop Administrator to join its Winvan Paving division. This is an ideal opportunity for self-starter who is comfortable handling administrative duties, including data-entry, and working in a shop environment.
This is a Full-time/ Permanent excluded position and will be based in New Westminster.
The Position: This position will play a vital role in the day to day operations of the Winvan equipment department. The candidate should be able to multi task, pay close attention to detail and have knowledge of time entry. This position will report directly to the Equipment Manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organization levels, including senior management;
- Experience within the construction industry strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures;
- Must possess ability to manage weekly/monthly Excel files containing large data sets.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness monitoring work to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
- Excellent communication skills and professional personal presentation;
- Organizing; planning, and customer service orientation;
- Great attention to detail and stress tolerance;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Uphold Mainland CM safety values at all times
- Equipment inventory management in our ERP and maintenance systems.
- Utilize TMT preventative maintenance software to enter and manage part orders, repair orders, receiving parts, etc.
- Run reports in Viewpoint construction software and TMT.
- Follow-up on equipment related issues arising from month-end reconciliations.
- Participate in equipment requests, sales, transfers, and disposals.
- Facilitate external rentals.
- Answer shop phones
- Open mail, stamp and distribute.
- Type, mail and send faxes for supervisor.
- Check tickets and make sure they are coded correctly before keying payroll.
- Enter all time for mechanics.
- Ensures all fleet trucks are up to date on tags;
- Run PM Status reports for all divisions.
- Batch tickets from time sheets by road and job number.
- Total batches and enter into the computer.
- Run invoices on outside sales weekly.
- Responsible for setting up new customers for billing purposes.
- Batch tickets individually, put rates on each job and total.
- Send invoice to A/P for payment.
- Enter and receive all purchase orders
- Send PO’s to A/P for payment.
- Work with vendors when an invoice has not been paid.
Submit your Resume
Please email to email@example.com