We are currently looking for Construction Labourers for both asphalt and concrete projects within our Winvan division. This unionized position is based outdoors. Employees are required to have access to a vehicle and a current driver’s license.
Why work for Winvan Paving?
- Company longevity
- Commitment to health and safety
- Hands-on technical experience,
- Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
- Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
- Referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
Our Construction Labourers work as part of a team and perform various duties on different projects in the community.
- Previous related experience in construction field is preferred
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times
- Report to work at the designated start time
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Be able to work overtime when required
- Safety focus
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required
Day to day activities include:
- Upholding safety standards at all times
- Operating hand and power tools and equipment
- Following direction of a Foreman as to daily tasks
- Assisting in the training of new or inexperienced employees;
- Prepping, digging, spreading, and leveling construction materials;
- Lifting, carrying and holding material, tools and supplies;
- Assisting in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices;
If you are serious about safety, enjoy a team atmosphere and take pride in your work and the people you work for, then send us your application and we will be happy to meet with you.
Please note that due to travel between worksites, this position requires a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Submit your Resume
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org