If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work and long-term growth potential, join our team!
We are a growing Construction materials and services company based in Langley, BC that offers its employees development opportunities, great benefits and a very competitive compensation package.
The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver.
The Position: Working for our Winvan Paving division (New Westminster), the Labourer is responsible for performing various duties on projects. The employee will generally work in the capacity of transferring from one task to another where demands are required. You may also operate a variety of hand and power tools as well as some equipment. You will complete a variety of other general labor assignments such as clean and prepare sites. This position is primarily outdoors, and will involve varying weather conditions, noise levels and lifting.
The incumbent is the Company’s ambassador to the general public, the owner, our customer, testing agencies, government agencies, sub-contractors and suppliers. As a site employee of the Company the Labourer is expected to act and behave responsibly and professionally, to safely execute the work in an expeditious and efficient manner and to ensure that all work completed meets with the customer’s expectation of quality workmanship, safety, quality, environmental mindfulness and site tidiness.
* Act and behave responsibly and professionally at all times.
* Follow all Safe Job Procedures and Safe Work Practices.
* An ongoing awareness of environmental, safety, quality and traffic concerns: responsible to inform Foreman when any issue arises.
* Production goals consistent with, or better than, production goals expected by the Foreman.
* Follow work plan projected by the foreman.
* Cooperate and work with consultants or technicians as required.
* If operating any equipment/trucks/vehicles, perform the following:
* Daily pre-trip inspections;
* Minor maintenance (such as fuel, oil and grease); and
* Properly park, shut off engine and secure equipment/trucks/vehicles when not being operated.
* Work collaboratively with crew to successfully complete work plan.
* Cooperate with and work alongside, assist, other crews and operations to expedite jobs.
* Attend and participate in meetings including, but not limited to, site orientations, weekly tailgate talks, operations team meetings, pre-construction meetings, weekly site meetings, final inspections, Health and Safety Committee activities and corporate planning sessions.
* Ensure proper maintenance and security of facilities, equipment, tools and finished work.
* Review jobsite at end of work phase to ensure the site is left in a clean, safe state and that there are no issues with quality of workmanship, environment or public safety.
* Mentor and train apprentice employees.
* Provide input for performance or competency evaluations, succession planning and personal training needs.
* Use discretion when receiving either verbal or written information considered sensitive or confidential.
* Protect company assets from theft, vandalism and unauthorized use.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
* 2 years previous related experience in a civil construction field is preferred;
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times;
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required;
* Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary;
* Be able to work overtime when required;
* Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements;
* Have a Motor Vehicle Record that meets company standards;
* Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold;
* Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures;
* Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required;
* Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas;
- We thank all applicants for their interest, although only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.