The Company: Mainland Construction Materials ULC is well established and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We believe in safety first, integrity and pride in the services and products that we deliver.
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Generous vacation package
- Outstanding RRSP program
- An excellent record of safety and environmental performance
- Tuition reimbursement program
You’ll join a team of more than 200 dynamic professionals who bring drive, passion and a genuine sense of pride to their work. We also actively encourage and empower all our team members to seek, share and implement new ideas for creating value.
So if you pride yourself on being detail oriented, thrive on building relationships and enjoy a fast paced, work environment, then this is the role for you!
The Position: We’re looking for an Accounting Assistant.
As a member of the Finance team, the candidate contributes in a hands-on way to accurately performing a comprehensive range of administrative duties including the timely processing of point of sales invoices (both lines of business), timecard entry for hired trucks and hired equipment operators (Construction), and A/R credit/debit notes and miscellaneous invoicing. In addition, the Accounting Assistant works collaboratively with the Assistant Controller providing reliable support with general accounting and operational duties.
- High school diploma or post secondary diploma in a relevant business discipline preferred
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of previous related experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to process high volumes of data in an accurate and timely manner; exceptional attention to detail to ensure data inputted is accurate, complete and meets expectations
- An upbeat, energetic and ‘can-do’ attitude
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Scale ticket input processing
- Investigation of missing scale tickets
- Trucking information processing
- POS to system reconciliation
- Other invoice processing
- Customer Credit/Debit Notes & Misc Invoicing
- Maintaining contract file
- Entering daily timecards for drivers and equipment operators
- Assisting with data entry of journal entries
- Manage or assist with other duties such as maintaining efficient filing systems, archiving etc…
*A full job description will be available to candidates selected for an interview*
Submit your Resume
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org